Wednesday, June 04, 2008

bookend photos



I forgot to mention that our trip started out with a great deal of fuss. We packed one suitcase to check, and brought one carry-on. We have marked all of our luggage with a metallic Sharpie -- so that when our luggage comes down the chute/baggage carousel, we can identify it. We've both checked and brought with us the bag shown here -- many times before.
Well, this time, (for some unknown reason) the TSA didn't like our bag. (This is one reason why I really hate the TSA -- if they are so inconsistent, I don't think they could possibly be effective.) When we put our bag into the xray, they not only stopped the bag to re-xray, but they stopped the WHOLE security process (momentarily), for ALL of DIA. People shouted, "Code Yellow! Stop screening!" and everything came to a halt. They xrayed our bag twice, then took it off to "sniff" it with the chemical-tissue (that I believe is supposed to find bombs). They never opened the bag, and eventually handed it back to us. All I can figure is that the metallic ink showed up funny on the xrays (which didn't seem to bother the TSA in Seattle on our return trip, by the way).
When we arrived home at the end of our weekend, we were greeted with quite a lovely sunset....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: